Archive -- RailNation Miami - Rail Passengers Association's Fall 2018 Advocacy Symposium - Miami, FL
Friday, October 19, 2018 12:00 PM Sunday, October 21, 2018 2:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Miami 400 SE 2nd Avenue Miami FL 33131
Make Plans NOW To Attend RailNation Miami - Rail Passengers Association's Fall 2018 Advocacy Symposium In Beautiful Miami, FL!
Event Dates: Friday, October 19 - Sunday, October 21
Event Host Location: Hyatt Regency Miami in Downtown Miami
Don't Delay...Space Is Limited...Register Today!
Friday Afternoon Chartered Round Trip On Brightline From Miami to West Palm Beach Is SOLD-OUT!
The Rail Passengers Association Group Rate Is $179.00 Per Night, Single or Double Occupancy.
- Discounted Rooms Are Currently Available From Monday Night, October 15 Through Monday Night, October 22
- The Hyatt Regency Is Conveniently Located On The Miami River And Is Adjacent To Two Miami Metromover Stations
- Connecting Bus Service Is Available From Amtrak's Current Hialeah Station To Several Miami Metrorail Stations
- Metrorail Service Is Available From The Miami International Airport To Downtown
Please Use This Link To Make Your On-Line Reservations - Making Your Reservation On-Line Ensures You Receive The Correct Discounted Rail Passengers Association Rate! - Reservation Deadline Is September 22!
Thursday, October 18
- Optional 'Beer & Transit' Advocate Mixer - Off-Site - Evening
Friday, October 19
- A Variety Of Optional Local & Regional Tours Will Be Offered During Thoughout The Day
- Guided Miami Food Scene Tour (via Public Transit) - Mid-Day
- Self-Guided Miami-Dade Transit Tour - Mid-Day
- SOLD-OUT Guided Chartered Round Trip On Brightline Miami to West Palm Beach - REVISED TIMES - Depart Miami 2:13pm; Return To Miami 5:14pm
Added Event - 6:30pm to 7:30pm - A Fireside Chat Moderated By Jim Mathews With Former Amtrak Presidents Joe Boardman (In Person) & David Gunn (Via Video); Gov. Michael Dukakis (Via Video) and Trains Magazine Columnist Fred Frailey (Via Video)
- Remiander Of Evening Free To Explore Miami
Saturday, October 20
- Breakfast - Hyatt
- Advocacy Presentations, Speakers and Panels - All Day - Hyatt
Special Morning Presentation By Former Amtrak President Joe Boardman
- Lunch - Hyatt
Lunch Speaker - Stephen Gardner - Amtrak's Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer
- Council Committee Meetings - Afternoon - Hyatt
Optional Jim Hamre Scholarlship Benefit Reception - Brightline MiamiCentral Station - Early Evening
Sunday, October 21
- Breakfast - Hyatt
- Council Business Meeting - Morning - Hyatt
- Advocacy Presentations & Speakers - Morning - Hyatt
- Closing Lunch With Speaker - Hyatt
- Optional Tour To Gold Coast Railroad Museum - Afternoon
|Thanks In Advance To Our RailNation Miami Partners!|
"Saving the Pennsylvanian (New York-Pittsburgh train) was a local effort but it was tremendously useful to have a national organization [NARP] to call upon for information and support. It was the combination of the local and national groups that made this happen."
Michael Alexander, NARP Council Member
April 6, 2013, at the Harrisburg PA membership meeting of NARP