Is Your Mayor Onboard?
March 6, 2018
As Congress finishes last year's budget process and plans ahead for next year's spending, it's critical that local cities play an active part in the process.
Just last year, we saw efforts in both Congress and the White House to kill Amtrak's National Network. With a concerted campaign of station rallies, calls, and meetings passenger advocates were able to turn back these efforts, and secure additional funding for passenger rail in both the House and Senate. Now we need to move these bills across the finish line.
That's why RPA is asking you to write your local Mayor's office and recruit them in the campaign for better train service for all Americans!
Rail Passengers is providing you with materials to help make your argument. But joining our campaign is as easy as clicking a button, so take action today!
- Passenger Trains: An Energy + Climate Solution: a printable one-pager detailing the energy and environmental benefits of passenger rail investment.
- Passenger Trains: Growing America's Economy: a printable one-pager detailing the economic benefits of passenger rail investment.
- FAST Act Funding Table: a printable funding table to help you in your conversation with local transportation staffers.
- RPA Rail & Transit Infrastructure Projects: unsure what rail and transit projects to promote to your representatives? We can help!
- Long Distance Trains - A Foundation for National Mobility: fact sheet detailing the economic and mobility benefits of Amtrak's national network.
- National Network Trains - A Medical Lifeline: stories from users of the national network who depend upon Amtrak to connect to vital services.
- Manufacturing Benefits of Railcar Investment: illustrating the manufacturing supply chain and job creation supported by investment in railcars.