Archive -- All Aboard Ohio Fall Meeting
Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:00 AM
Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission - Suite 100 111 Liberty Street Columbus OH 43215
Location: Scioto Meeting Room at the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission offices - 111 Liberty Street, Columbus, OH
Doors open at 9:00 AM
9:00am - 9:30am - Refreshments and Social Period
9:45am - Program Begins
- Stu Nicholson / Larry Robertson, All Aboard Ohio "Brief history of passenger rail service in Columbus"
- Patrick Harris, Director of Government Affairs, Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) "COTA's long-range plans and projects"
- Josh Lapp, President, Transit Columbus "Columbus - Local transit levy initiative"
- Thea Walsh / Dina Lopez, MORPC planning team "Update on Pittsburgh-Columbus-Chicago Rapid Speed Transportation Initiative"
- Matt Dietrich, Executive Director, Ohio Rail Development Commission "Update on State of Ohio rail plans and projects"
- Laura Kliewer, Executive Director, Midwest Interstate Passenger Rail Commission "Update on Midwest passenger rail projects and regional rail plan"
The event will end around 3:30 PM
Registration: $25 per AAO member; $35 per non-member and includes 2020 AAO membership
- Admission includes a break refreshments and a box lunch.
- This event is open to the public, but registration is required.
Questions may be directed to [email protected]
All Aboard Ohio extends its thanks to MORPC for being the host site.
"The National Association of Railroad Passengers has done yeoman work over the years and in fact if it weren’t for NARP, I'd be surprised if Amtrak were still in possession of as a large a network as they have. So they've done good work, they're very good on the factual case."
Robert Gallamore, Director of Transportation Center at Northwestern University and former Federal Railroad Administration official, Director of Transportation Center at Northwestern University
November 17, 2005, on The Leonard Lopate Show (with guest host Chris Bannon), WNYC New York.