Archive -- All Aboard Ohio 2018 Annual Meeting - Hilliard, OH
Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:00 AM Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:00 PM
Makoy Center, 5462 Center Street Hilliard OH 43026
Saturday, May 12, 2018
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
5462 Center Street
Hilliard, OH 43026
Join All Aboard Ohio (AAO), Ohio's premiere passenger rail advocacy organization, for its 2018 Annual Meeting.
The Meeting will provide the latest information on the state of passenger rail in the United States, the Midwest, and Ohio. Additionally, attendees will learn about the recent developments in public transit in Columbus / Central Ohio.
Doors open at 9:00 AM. A continental breakfast will be provided. (Attendees are encouraged to arrive early to allow for everyone to be checked-in prior to the start of the presentations and to have some time for socializing.)
Lunch (included with all tickets) will be served around 12 PM, and the event will end around 3:00 PM
This event is open to the public, but registration is required.
- Thea Walsh and Dina Lopez, transportation planners at the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC): Chicago-Lima-Columbus-Pittsburgh corridor planning update
- Midwest Regional Rail Plan update
- Federal passenger rail funding boost in the latest omnibus spending bill
- Ohio state government/rail/transit matters
- Public transportation funding issues
- All Aboard Ohio board of direction election
"Saving the Pennsylvanian (New York-Pittsburgh train) was a local effort but it was tremendously useful to have a national organization [NARP] to call upon for information and support. It was the combination of the local and national groups that made this happen."
Michael Alexander, NARP Council Member
April 6, 2013, at the Harrisburg PA membership meeting of NARP