Archive -- All Aboard Minnesota Rally For Trains
Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:45 PM Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:30 PM
Minnesota State Capitol - Room 316 75 Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. St. Paul MN 55155
First Ever All Aboard Minnesota's “Day on The Hill”!
The Minnesota Legislature has been newly elected. We have a great opportunity to promote more long distance rail passenger service with key legislators in the House and Senate, influencing them to fund more passenger trains - Join us!
Everything you need to know:
Date and Location:
- Wednesday March 6, State Capitol Building, conference room 316; go to the rotunda, there will be someone there to direct you to the conference room .
- For directions to the Capitol building and how to get there, please click on this link: State Capitol Parking, Directions, Public Transportation
- Doors will open at 12:45pm Refreshments will be provided.
- The rally will begin at 1:00pm
- The rally will conclude at 2:00pm, then meet with your legislator, *see comments below on how to do that.
- By 3:00pm or so, please stop back in the conference room, and tell us how your meetings went!
The Rally Agenda Includes:
- Alice Hausman - MN House Rep and a member of the Transportation Committee
- Jeremy Miller - Senate President - Invited
- Frank Hornstein - Chairman of the House Transportation Committee - Invited
- Updates from our partner organizations such as Northern Lights Alliance, Great River Rail Commission, West Central Wisconsin Rail Coalition, and others
- Key messaging from All Aboard Minnesota; the economic and other benefits of passenger rail that you can promote with your House and Senate Representatives!
"Thank you to Jim Mathews and the Rail Passengers Association for presenting me with this prestigious award. I am always looking at ways to work with the railroads and rail advocates to improve the passenger experience."
Congressman Dan Lipinski (IL-3)
February 14, 2020, on receiving the Association's Golden Spike Award