Archive -- All Aboard Arizona Passenger Rail Summit
Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:00 AM Saturday, December 7, 2019 2:00 PM
Wyndham Ramada Inn 777 W Cushing St Tucson AZ
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 - 8:00am - 2:00pm
- The Keynote Speaker is Andrew Selden, President, United Rail Passenger Alliance, who has authored numerous articles and studies on the subject of intercity passenger rail travel, including a ground breaking article in Trains magazine in 1986 titled "How to get Amtrak Out of the Woods" and co-authored with E.P. Hamilton lll, "The High Cost of Amtrak Accounting" plus other articles in the Wall Street Journal and Railway Age.
- George Chilson, Past Chairman, Rail Passengers Association (NARP) will bring us up-to-date on Amtrak re-authorization.
- Abe Zumwalt will present the latest facts on "Advancing A Daily Sunset."
- Executive Director Tony Trifiletti and President Chuck Mott will share the success stories of our outreach to the citiy, county, state and other officials and civic leaders regarding the national network, Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief and the Phoenix-Tucson corridor plus our efforts to defeat the Phoenix Proposition 105.
- Past Rail Passengers' Chairman Bob Stewart and RailPAC President Steve Roberts will serve on a panel discussion.
Registration is $40 for AAAz members and $45 for non-members, which includes coffee & rolls and a luncheon buffet.
Register online at AllAboardArizona.org or mail a check to Roger Clark, 3323 S Ponderosa Dr, Gilbert AZ 85297. Feel free to call Roger Clark at 480-510-0658 with any questions.
Call the Ramada Inn directly at 520-239-2300, for your special $79 (plus tax) room rate. Ask for the All Aboard Arizona rate.
"I’m so proud that we came together in bipartisan fashion in the Senate to keep the Southwest Chief chugging along, and I’m grateful for this recognition from the Rail Passengers Association. This victory is a testament to what we can accomplish when we reach across the aisle and work together to advance our common interests."
Senator Tom Udall (D-NM)
April 2, 2019, on receiving the Association's Golden Spike Award for his work to protect the Southwest Chief